I’m not a fan of winter and with the cold temperatures coming on that means it’s time to take out the sweaters. But that doesn’t mean that we have to stop eating summer dishes, especially if the ingredients are available! Today I found beautiful red and yellow cherry tomatoes and I knew I had to make something with them! This bruschetta recipe is good for lunch, appetizer and for dinner parties. It’s sure to impress your friends and its SUPER easy! I combine the tomatoes with a fast dressing and with a side of crusty garlic bread, it’s sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 sundried tomatoes- packed in oil and diced small
- 1/4 fresh basil leaves- rolled and cut into ribbons
- 4-5 tbsp parmigiana cheese– grated (or vegan substitute)
- 3 cloves garlic- crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp (or to taste) red crushed pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (I use Colavita)
- coarse black pepper- a few grinds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 garlic baguette- cut into thin slices and toasted
1. In a large bowl add garlic, sundried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, black pepper, italian seasoning and red wine vinegar. Mix well. In a slow stream pour olive oil while mixing, so everything is combined.
2. Add tomatoes and combine. Add salt and sugar, mix and taste. Last, add basil and cheese and mix until everything is coated.
3. Place on a serving platter. Garnish with basil and drizzle bread with a little oil. To eat, top each slice with a generous amount of tomatoes and eat!
Serves about 4