Sometimes if I’m hungry but I’m not really in the mood to make a full-fledged meal, I reach into the freezer for some veggie treats. Currently my favorite veggie treats are Tofu Tenders by Gardenin. They’re super healthy and fast! I love to make different dipping sauces with them, and since I had some fresh basil at hand I decided to get a bit creative! You can also use this as a sauce over pasta, paninis or even pizza!
- 1 tbsp prepared pesto (any brand is fine; recipe coming soon!)
- 1 tbsp fat-free half & half (I use Land-o-Lakes Brand)
- 2 tsp red crushed pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves- finely chopped
- parmigiana cheese- for garnish (I use Sargento)
1. Combine half and half with basil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in red crushed pepper and basil. Top with parmigiana cheese and a basil leaf. It’s ready to eat!
With my Tofu Tenders YUM!