Don’t get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of Starbucks. I am probably that girl who’s tried every one of their chocolate drinks, caramel drinks and limited edition drinks- I’m that obsessed. But as a former student and future student again (yes, thrilling I know), I know what it’s like to live on a budget and not be able to spend an average of $4-5 a day on tall lattes. There are tons and tons of variety of coffee out there, one being Pumpkin Spice! Its a light roast, but its full of pumpkin flavors like allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and everything you can imagine to be warm and comforting. However, it does not contain chocolate and since I’m a chocolate addict, I need to add my own dose.. YUM. I have a Keurig machine, which is awesome by the way and pretty inexpensive (starts around $99 and brews individual cups in any flavor- check it!). I just add some chocolate and low-fat whipped cream and I’ve literally turned a boring cup of coffee into something just as good (and if I can say BETTER) than Starbucks! Check out my recipe below for Chocolate Pumpkin-Spice Latte:
- 6oz brewed pumpkin flavored coffee
- 4-5 tbsp milk, heated (I used Skim-plus- try to keep it lowfat-nonfat! OR Soy Milk)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chocolate syrup (I used Hershey’s)
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- lowfat whipped cream (I used Cool Whip Brand)
- chocolate syrup for drizzle
- cinnamon stick for garnishing
1. Pour chocolate syrup into bottom of mug.
2. Brew coffee as indicated on package/machine and pour hot coffee into the mug.
3. Stir in warm milk and sugar, until all the sugar and syrup are combined.
4. Top with whipped cream, drizzle and cinnamon stick.
Indulge in this fabulously inexpensive mock Starbucks goodness! YUM!