Do you like peppermint bark? Do you like lollipops? Then you’re going to love these sweet treats- Peppermint Bark Lollipops. So easy to make. Cheap, cute and did I mention they’re a show stopper. Yes. SHOW stopper. I made about 60 lollipops for a Christmas Eve party and everyone was talking about them! It’s just the right amount of chocolate and peppermint and they’re great for big parties, to hold and walk around and still look pretty :).
Going for an NYE party? Make these and bring them! Plus I’ll show you how to turn these lollipops into a chocolate bouquet- it’s super easy and cheap! And impressive, might I add. Let’s get started:
Peppermint Bark Lollipops:
- 4 bars bittersweet chocolate (I used 60% Cacao Ghiradelli Brand)
- 2 bars semi sweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli Brand)
- 1 bar white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli Brand)
- 1-2 tbsp peppermint extract
- 60 lollipop sticks
- colored sugar pearls
Holiday Bouquet Prep:
- 1 small basket (I bought mine from Michael’s)
- 1 small styrofoam ball (I bought mine from Michael’s)
- ribbon- assorted colors
- pine tree leaves- optional
Tools: cookie sheets, parchment paper
1. Break up the dark and 1 bar of the semisweet chocolate and place into a glass bowl. Microwave for 35 seconds. Remove, stir with a spatula. Microwave for another 35 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 35 seconds if chocolate is not melted. When it’s just melted add the remaining semisweet chocolate bar and stir until everything is smooth and melted. Add 1-1 1/2 tbsp peppermint extract and stir. Melt the white chocolate in a separate bowl and stir in 1 tbsp peppermint extract.
2. On a cookie sheet (I used 3 of them) line with 1-2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a tbsp pour 1 tbsp of dark chocolate into a circle on the cookie sheet. Take the cookie stick and swirl into the bottom of the circle. Decorate with cranberries/pearls/sprinkles or a drop of white chocolate in the center and swirl with a toothpick. Repeat until chocolate is finished. I made a few white chocolate lollipops. Place in the fridge until hard and cool.
3. To make the bouquet: Cut small pieces of ribbon and tie around each stick. Using a scissor curl ends. Place lollipops in the freezer an hour or 2 before placing in the basket before your party. Place styrofoam ball in the basket and if using pine tree leaves, cover the foam with the leaves. Once the chocolate lollipops are hard and slightly frozen, stick them into the styrofoam until the whole thing is covered like a bouquet.
Makes 60 chocolate lollipops
Like Chocolate? Like Dessert? Check these out!