I haven’t really shared any recipe for salad with you, or what I like to refer to as ‘rabbit food,’ but I actually really like a good salad. If a salad is prepared properly and has the right combination of ingredients with the right amount of dressing, it can be really fulfilling. And that is what I’ve made recently. My parents have an obsession with salads that include apple and/or pears so I made just that for them, of course with a little chefPriyanka twist (YUM!).
Crisp baby arugula combined with juicy sweet pears and tangy Danish blue cheese makes for an extremely yummy salad- great for an appetizer, side dish or lunch.
Just a warning again about my savory cooking- I really don’t measure, so all most of these measurements are approximations
Asian Pear-Blue Cheese Arugula Salad:
- 1 box baby arugula
- 1-2 asian pears sliced (I like a lot of pears, but you can keep it at 1 pear if you’d like)
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Danish Blue Cheese (or any blue cheese)
- Roasted Garlic Honey Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Roasted Garlic Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove roasted garlic- smashed
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup GOOD extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper (or to taste)
- coarse black pepper
1. Whisk together the mustard, honey, garlic, oregano, vinegar and red crushed pepper. While slowly whisking the mustard mixture, drizzle in the olive oil to create a light yellow emulsion. Add some salt and pepper. Taste- it should taste tangy & sweet with a hint of spice and garlic.
Like your Greens? Try these!
Indian Sauteed Okra with Jalapenos & Onions
14 thoughts on “Asian Pear-Blue Cheese Arugula Salad with a Roasted Garlic Honey Vinaigrette”
I love blue cheese and pears, but I have to say, the roasted garlic makes this saland sound irresistible!
What a wonderful, simple salad. I didn’t become a big salad lover till my 40’s but lately I simply can’t get enough. With the arugula, pears ,and blue cheese, this one is calling my name! That garlic dressing looks divine. Nicely done!
thank you very much!
Where did you get those plates
they are nice..
from Home Goods- they were a great deal!
I agree, a good dressing really pulls the salad together and your roasted garlic honey vinaigrette sounds awesome!
This is a great meatless dish – something we need to see more of around here. Keep ’em coming!
This looks fresh and delicious!
This looks delicious–I might try this with the abundance of hazelnuts I currently have in my pantry!
haha yah you should make it… thanks!
This salad looks rxqusiite my friend 😀
Definitely exotic and WOW factorful!
Choc Chip Uru