Love my Mexi-Pizza but don’t have time to make it on a busy week night? Well you’re in luck, because I have a fast and delicious recipe that can be made in about 10 minutes!
- 4 Sahara original or whole-wheat Pita
- 1 Can Old El Paso vegetarian refried Beans
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic- crushed and diced
- 2-3 Jalapenos diced
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato diced
- 1/4 Head of Iceberg lettuce diced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey pepperjack cheese (or vegan substitute)
- 1 can pre-sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (or vegan substitute)
- salt- pinch
- black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- cayenne pepper- to taste
- Guacamole (store bought or Loca por Guacamole recipe)
- cilantro leaves- for garnish!
- PAM/ olive oil
1. In a medium sized skillet on medium heat spray with PAM/olive oil. Add the diced onion and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add cumin, 3/4 of the jalapenos, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Saute until onions are translucent. Add the can of refried beans and cook until heated through. Set aside.
2. Toast the pita. Layer on the beans, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, cover with cheese, top with a few olives and sprinkle with some cayenne pepper. Place in a toaster oven for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
3. Remove from the oven and top with a dollop of sour cream, cut into small slices and enjoy!
Serves about 4 people.